Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blahness..Is that even a word?

I don't know what got into me.. I am in a funk.. a BLAH mood.. I can't really explain why and I am trying my hardest to fight it.. I don't think anyone should have to put up with me in a bad mood.. Its odd even to me.. I am feeling like a cross between Eeoyre and Rabbit.. A little bit of woes me and a smidge of negativity.. Who knows.. It just is..
I could rattle off some of the things that I thought I would get to this weekend but between soccer at 8am yesterday and nap time today it was a blur.. I have not been productive. May is here and I am beyond behind on everything.. Craft projects that have to get done aren't (that 9 to 5 interferes with my other life, the real one)..2 out of 3 bathrooms have yet to be cleaned.. Its Sunday! I have nothing good in mind for my mom's big milestone birthday..I did manage to get one part of her gift and we are planning an all day excursion to Pasedena for some window shopping and lunch...But I want to get her something special.. something that says milestone.. I have made her quilts before and scrapbooks..I am idead out..
Martin's birthday yesterday was good only because he is so laid back that an impromtu BBQ at home was enough for him to be happy. I baked him a cream cheese pound cake and our compadres came over for the BBQ. It was unplanned but it worked out..
The laundry is still in baskets and not in the closet.. I haven't the energy yet to fold clothes.. I guess I won't be sleeping tonight as I know me. I will get a burst of energy and be determined to get the house back on track before the Monday morning work day..
I have oatmeal cookie dough in the fridge chilling so that the cookies will be thick and chewy.. A small treat for today.. I just need to be ok with not being in constant motion..
Missy is sitting next to me doing her makeup.. she looks like she's ready for halloween.. She is such a little lady.. I can tell we are going to have to fight over the make up age.. Oh boy...
The sun is still out.. we are enjoying our quiet time.. Maya was drawing while I indulged in a back issue of a country living magazine and plotted how much longer I could put off getting the house done.. In my defense I did manage to clean the down stairs of the house complete with mopping. I did do the weekly grocery run... I did get the laundry done and the trashes out.. It just isn't completely done and back together in place. I can't light a lovely smelling candle until I know that everything has made its way back to its spot..
I hope the mood is gone. I hope those cookies will give me that last bit of energy to end this lovely day on a better note.. I have so much to be thankful for and focusing on the bad just isn't the way I want to be. "I have been blessed with so much more than I deserve" I couldnt have said it better myself.. Martina M sings it perfectly..
Wishing everyone anything but blah.. Wishing you hugs and blessings...
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment