Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baking day

The sun came out and I have the farmer tan to proove it. My mom and I went to a mid day concert at Thorton Winery.. It was lovely.. I had never heard of Chris Botti, but I am now a fan..
However, after baking in the sun all day I was still in the mood for baking at home.. So as soon as I got home I did a quick change into some comfy clothes and donned my new Paris apron (THANK YOU BEV!)..
My house smells delicious..I can't wait to try SmittenKitchens pineapple upside down cake.. it's almost ready.. Since I needed pineapple juice for that cake and I had an actual fresh pineapple it meant I had to do something with the canned crushed pineapple. What could I make? hmmm. I decided on my cooking light zucchini pineapple quick bread.. Its an easy recipe that yields 2 loaves and even my picky eater will eat it! With all that sunny pineapple goodness I figured something more sinful was needed.. What did I have left in my pantry. I decided on a chocolate bundt cake because I had accidentaly greased a bundt pan for the unpside down cake.. I can't waste a greased pan afterall..So as you can see the sun has affected my brain..
In the words of Marie Antoinette- "Let them eat cake!"
Happy Sunday!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment