Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cleaning, cooking and creating..

I am on a mission. I was up until 1:00am this morning cutting my fabric, washing more fabric and trying to figure out how fast I could complete the teacher gifts/projects. As it currently stands I decided to go with the aprons.. I think this is my year of the apron and plan to make as many as I can.. I also loved the fabric notebook covers that Deanna made and I saw online (however, cheap me refuses to pay 1.99 for the pattern and instructions). I decided to make the notebooks in a cute red and pink apple print. I also found rick rac to go with..wish me luck on that finishing touch.. Its all about the details..
Speaking of which, I need to get a new table cloth and some fresh flowers so I can set a nice table for the teachers. They deserve it after spending all year with kids in playdoh and art land.. we all need small luxuries and non disposable dishes every once in awhile to remind us that we are ladies..
I got one apron done last night during quilting class.. It came out so cute I almost hate to give it away. Afterall its done in PURPLE. My signature color.. Well luckily I found some fat quarters of the last Amy Butler line (the one I used on the Sling bag pattern, the pattern that torchered me and at the same time gave me the confidence to try my hand at sewing.) Sorry for the tangent.. the Butler fabric will be perfect for my apron.. Afterall we can never have too many aprons..
We are heading out to the farmer's market for fresh flowers and produce. I am still debating the menu but there will be food and dessert. Maya has already requested cheese cake. She is willing to take clairatin just to have some dairy.. Cheese cake is too good to pass up..
Tata for now.
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment