Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Saturday that feels like a Sunday


These long weekends are throwing me off.. I am getting used to this time off to read and to try things..My experiments are typically in the kitchen.. My kitchen Aid and I are on a first name basis.. I am baking and quilting tonight...Working on the layered flower quilt for class.. I can't find the instructions but I think I can figure most of it out..The Aunt Grace's reproductions are adorable in this pattern..
I am also making this lovely cream cheese pound cake again..


I found it on Smitten Kitchen and this time I am even making the strawberry coulis to go with it.. This is my contribution for Easter tomorrow..
The Missy is sitting next to me trying to work her yarn through a platstic template while singing "Life's what you make it" by Hannah M.. Scary...Sweet at the same time.. She is a musical one this Missy of mine..
I am just INCREDIBLY thankful that her stomach is back to normal after a bout of severe dairy rejection yesterday..We didn't sleep more than two continuous hours last night as she was up every hour to vomit.. I know there is just no pretty way to say that..However, for those of you who have little ones, you know how terrifying it can be to see them sick.. I really thought it was going to be a visit, the first ever, to Children's hospital... Thankfully it wasn't and patience, love and towels were what was required..
Sending Blessings to all,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment