Monday, December 7, 2009

I can't belive it!

It's December.. I feel full from Thanksgiving still and now I have to move on to presents, cookies, tamales and ringing in the new year.. Yikes!
Thankfully the Christmas shopping is about 90% done. I have a few stocking stuffers to find and lots of wrapping. Yes, I wrap. I love to wrap. Presentation is important! I remember as a small kid my cousins and I would spend hours wrapping. I loved to see the perfect present unfold.. To this day I love receiving a true gift wrapped and if there is ribbon I am drooling.. We have gotten a little lazy and spoiled with gift bags but for Christmas, I am all about wrapping..
It's frosty outside.. A chilly 50 degrees and a rain filled day. I enjoyed my hot chocolate and restocked my tea supply. I should be set for the rest of the year..
Speaking of which, let's not rush. I am so excited for our holiday shutdown. I need the mental breather. I can't wait to fill the house with the smells of cookies. My cousins and their families have been annual recipiants of my baked goodies.. I have a cookie exchange to attend too. I love tasting new receipes. Maya and I are also hosting a mom and me cookie decorating party. I can see the sprinkles all over the floor and the faces filled with frosting. Should be a sweet afternoon.
I already sent out the Tamale party evite. I can't wait to taste our annual tamales. It's a tradition I forced on my family but I think they secretly love it. I felt the need to preserve one of my grandmother's traditions. I love the idea of gathering once a year for tamales and then sharing with friends and neighbors. Isn't that what the holidays are all about? For me it is.. I love the time with all the women in the kitchen. We share stories, memories and we each have our own way of wrapping tamales.
December is here. Christmas is around the corner. It's time to spread the love..
Blessings,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment