Sunday, February 20, 2011

Made with Love...

In honor of Valentines I thought I would share about all of the things that I enjoy doing which to me require love... For me, no project meal or gift means much if it is not given, made or thought of with a loving intention.. Its' one of the reasons I dont like gift cards.. I want the gift to speak to me of the person and often I won't stop searching until something calls me.. In the case of food.. I think of the person and what they like..
In my hubbies case it means HOT and Spicy food.. So this week it was not one but two hot salsas.. which could then be on hand for tonights pork chop dinner..
For Missy, its a little headband or hair clip to accessorize for Valentines..
Even Maya has learned that homemade goodies trump store bought candies.. For her Valentines exchange she wanted Caramel and chocolate covered pretzels.
Mind you she was clear on the color scheme and insisted that pink was only for girls and that we had to get red for the boys....Maya loves to decorate with melted chocolate.. For her teacher it was Caramel Apples.. what else?

Just like food, fabric can be addictive.. Quilting, my form of therapy, is another outlet for my energy and love.. This month my challenge was 2 quilts.. One for Sophia's 5th birthday and another for the baby on the way... Well after much searching and hair pulling. I found fabric lines that fit.. For Baby boy it was Max and Whiskers because what boy doesn't love cats, dogs, fish and turtles?. I hope this quilt will grow with him...
For Sophia it was a perfect match with Freebird by Momo.. The palate is girly without being sickenly sweet. The line spoke to me when we were in Washington as a girls line..It has some strong reds and some bright pops of orange.. Not to mention some fabulous butterflies and polka dots..

Now and always its about LOVE!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. The quilts look great! I didn't get to see Sophia's fabric. Love it.
    Also,the treats look yummy and I love Maya's hair clip. Great job! When are you going to post pics of her "picture window"?

    ReplyDelete