Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cards, Cupcakes and Community Service..


This month the troop decided to earn a "community service" patch... We baked some home made goodies and had the girls decorate some valentines.. Next thing you know they are at the local retirement home meeting new friends and handing out sugar-laden goodies and colorful valentines...

Community service is on the top of my list for reasons to be a girl scout.. Don't get me wrong, I love the cookies and some of the other activities but community service and learning to be of service is more important to me than having more friends.. So I was very supportive of this outing.. At the end of the day it was our first attempt at service and it was a success.. I hope we can become regulars there and that the girls can build relationships with the seniors they met..
Here's Maya sharing her cupcakes..
Making friends..
I don't think the girls were prepared for the seniors but once they shook a few hands and saw those welcoming smiles they were at home... It was a great learning opportunity for the girls and an opportunity to talk about aging...

Good Job Troop 462!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment