Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The P.O.O.L party...

A few weeks ago I sent out a plea to the Dans and their families.. I had an entire email's worth of justification.. I conjured up memories of summers past with the lyrics to Summer Time (yes, its on the playlist now).. I used every reason and influence I could.. I invited them over to catch up, eat, and take some pictures... The stars magically aligned and it happened!
It was time to Play Outside On the Lawn (P.O.O.L)! I don't really have a pool, but I want one.. (extra lottery winnings or donations are welcome).. Instead we settled with an inflatable pool and a Slip N Slide! Worked for us...

Here are some pictures of our shindig (as Denny would say)...

The weather was perfect for water play and the pool was big enough.. Ethan was the lone boy but he wasn't going to miss out on the fun.

Paige, Ava and Maya had a blast with the sprinklers...


Snoop was the cool parent attempting the Slip N Slide..


Colleen and Gilly stayed cool in the shade..



Speaking of Cool...Emma is just too cool as the oldest of the bunch..


Denny and Stef did their best to keep the little one from remembering his teeth.. He was all smiles..
Dan and Lindsey picture perfect as always..

It was so good to have everyone over and to see how much the kids have grown.. We got to check in on life events, tv shows and most importantly make more memories..

The Dans have been in my life for 20 yrs. I can only hope they will put up with me for the next 20.. Seeing my friends here only reminds me of the saying that "Friends are the family you choose for yourself"... Here's our big family picture...


Have a great summer!
Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment